A Fall ‘To Do’ List
For as long as I can remember I have been a trusty list-maker. Something about writing out my to-dos in list form puts my Type A brain at ease. Whether it’s a Sunday evening after a big weekend or a mid-week lunch break, I find that making a to-do list helps bring clarity and calm into the equation. I especially love making lists at the start of a new season. Autumn brings with it so many special sensory pleasures, from the bounty of a pumpkin patch to the warmth of a fire, and the fragrance of cloves. After all, it’s the little things that often bring the greatest joy, don’t you think? When it comes to list-making, I am a big fan of Rifle Paper Company’s cute organizational notepads. Somehow, writing on a pretty notepad makes the process of getting organized just a touch more fun and lighthearted.
I’m getting a head start on my autumnal list – read on to learn a few things that I’ll be taking on as fall commences.
- Make a chicken pot pie
- Take cool morning walks
- Host a dinner party al fresco
- Simplify my home & donate the excess
- Prep my first batch of mulled wine
- Shop for fall produce at the farmer’s market
- Plan a picnic
- Plant a fall garden
- Bake my mom’s pumpkin bread
- Swap TV for reading before bed
- Buy a farmer’s almanac
- Practice daily gratitude
- Make from-scratch chicken stock for the freezer
- Read Jane Eyre (gasp! I’ve never read it!)
- Get a head start on Christmas
What are you most looking forward to doing this fall?